Saturday, January 12, 2013

I miss summer

This past summer, I had the opportunity to grow a lot of my own food at home in my garden. I was so excited to finally have big, fresh, flavorful tomatoes that weren't picked when they were green (or underripe!). Here are a few of my favorite shots of the bounty of my garden.

Heirloom and yellow pear tomatoes.




These little orange cherry tomatoes were just about the tastiest thing ever!!






Fresh produce from the Kingsburg Farmers Market this summer.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for coming by my blog! Yours looks awesome! I love growing a few vegies every year. Right now only eggplant and tomatoes, but loved okra in summer past two years as well. I have grown broccoli, kale, collards, green beans, potatoes, and cauliflower! All so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'd love to try growing everything you mentioned! Unfortunately our summers here are brutal and a lot of things can't survive them. I lost a good part of my garden this summer due to temps well over 100ยบ. :(

      Delete