Sunday, January 13, 2013

French Toast!

Happy Sunday, everyone. I hope you all got to sleep in a little and take advantage of the weekend.

I love making brunch on Sunday mornings because that's the only day my fiance is home all day during the week. I'm currently on a French toast kick which is great because I learned how to make it myself. I used to love going out to eat at places like Denny's and IHOP because I could get delicious French toast. Now I don't have to which saves money and means I don't have to get up so early to go out!

I made an amazing discovery recently and it is this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sara-Lee-Texas-Toast-Restaurant-Style-Bread-24-oz/16777984

Sara Lee Texas Toast is the key to really good French toast. If you can find brioche, that would be equally good.

For two pieces of toast, my recommendations are as follows.

Ingredients:

• Sara Lee Texas Toast (or any thick cut dense bread)
• 2 eggs
• splash of milk
• butter
• syrup for serving
• cinnamon (optional)
• powdered sugar (optional)

I like to preheat my pan and melt a little butter in it to get that nice crispy outside on the toast. Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl and dip the bread in, thoroughly coating both sides. Toss the toast in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side over medium heat. Adjust your cooking time as needed for your desired level of doneness. Serve with syrup. I also like mine with a side of vegan bacon!


No comments:

Post a Comment